May 23, 2018
Apple-Scotch Mac Pie (Print this Recipe)
Bring the flavor of caramel apples into your kitchen! NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Morsels, crisp apples and macadamia nuts turn a simple piecrust into a caramel delight! Created by Louise Piper, Rolfe, IA.
Preparation Time - 30 minutes
Cooking Time - 45 minutes
Cooling Time - 120 minutes
* 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
* 1/2 cup light corn syrup
* 2 cups peeled and coarsely shredded tart apple
* 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
* 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
* 1 unbaked 9-inch (2-cup volume) pie shell
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE eggs, corn syrup, apple, butter, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon in large bowl; mix well. Stir in nuts and morsels. Pour into pie shell.
BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Yields 8 to 10 servings.
Brought to you by:
|Myrtle Beach 55+ Myrtle Trace 55+ is compliments of:|
|© 2001-2018 Connecting Neighbors® and its licensors. All rights reserved.||About Us | Site Disclaimer | Privacy Pledge | Site Manager|