November 17, 2018
Chicken A La King (Print this Recipe)
Hearty and comforting, Chicken à la King goes equally well over pasta or rice. A healthy alternative to fried chicken.
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
* 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 1 cup (about 3 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
* 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) CARNATION Evaporated Milk
* 3 large egg yolks, beaten
* 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast meat
* 2 tablespoons diced pimiento (optional)
* 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
* 8 refrigerated biscuits, prepared according to package directions
MELT butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender but not brown. Stir in flour, salt and paprika. Gradually add evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
WHISK 1 cup thickened sauce into egg yolks; pour into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in chicken, pimiento and sherry. Heat through.
SERVE immediately over hot biscuits.
Serving Size: 4
Brought to you by:
|Myrtle Beach 55+ Myrtle Trace 55+ is compliments of:|
|© 2001-2018 Connecting Neighbors® and its licensors. All rights reserved.||About Us | Site Disclaimer | Privacy Pledge | Site Manager|